LOCATION: Greater Sacramento Area
At Ghirardelli Associates, we believe that thinking outside of the box is the spark to set innovation on fire. Ghirardelli Associates is a full-service construction management firm, with 20 years of experience providing service throughout California. Our company inspires ingenuity by providing cutting-edge solutions to our clients, with a commitment to exceptional service. We are proud to shape the communities we live in while creating a positive environment for our associates to foster creativity and growth.
Ghirardelli Associate is currently looking for an experienced Resident Engineer to be based out of our Roseville office. The Resident Engineer will be responsible for successful completion of construction management projects and shall report directly to the Project Manager. Additional responsibilities include attending and running client and contractor meetings; reviewing plans and specifications and ensuring compliance with project documents; providing project documentation in the form of letters, Requests for Information (RFI)/Submittal responses, contract change orders (CCOs), etc.; conducting field inspections; supervising project inspection teams; and providing technical guidance and quality assurance. This position requires extensive client interaction and coordination of all jobsite activities.
This position may include but not limited to:
• Oversee day to day adminstration of construction projects for clients in the field office
• Monitoring of construction contractor progress, activities, use of approved materials, and use of approved equipment
• Review and respond to contractor’s submittals, RFIs, letters and evaluate contractor’s suggestions for minor changes to contract requirements; review contractor’s progress schedules, certificates and operations and maintenance manuals, review and process monthly progress payments, review NOPCs and provide recommendations, schedule material testinging, review material testing data, perform independent engineer’s estimate for Change orders, negotiate change orders, keep tracing logs for RFis, submittals CCOs, and contingency balances, perform quantity take offs, read staking notes.
• Comminicate daily with project’s construction inspector(s) and review and sign their daily report
• Document construction progress through daily engineer’s report; conduct weekly progress meeting and prepare meeting summaries; maintain project files and prepare and process change orders.
• Prepare written documents (i.e. correspondence, proposals, reports, performance evaluations and other construction documents
• Inspect and review project to monitor compliance with the contract documents including traffic control plans, safety codes, SWPPP requirements, environmental documents and other regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Registered CA Professional Engineer’s License is required
- Minimum of 4+ years experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills necessary to manage Construction Projects and/or work as a resident engineer with public agencies.
- Strong communication, verbal and written are required.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong project management and client management skills are required.
- Caltrans experience is highly desired
- Experience in both roadway and structures projects a PLUS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit for up to 6 to 8 hours per day while working at a computer, during meeting or while driving. Walking up to 2 hours per day while performing field visits. Ability to see well enough to function in a typical office environment and read standard text on paper and electronic screen of a computer or handheld device. The associate frequently is required to use hands. Repetitive reaching, repetitive hand use. Physical agility to perform tasks requiring a full range of body movements including lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, twisting, reaching, balancing, squatting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, or assuming crouched positions; repetitive arm, hand, finger, wrist, leg or foot motion. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequently use safety equipment such as a hard hat and safety vest; work in areas not well ventilated such as utility vaults; work outdoors or work on uneven ground or floor spaces; work at elevations above ground level. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and can work any day of the week both night and day. Available for after hour emergency response.
- Medical Insurance – United Healthcare and Kaiser
- Dental Insurance – MetLife
- Vision Plan – VSP
- Flexible Spending Plan (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- GlobalFit Membership
- Wellness Rewards Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan
Work & Life
- Bereavement Leave
- 9 Holidays
- Education Allowance
- Company Vehicle (depending on assignment)
Ghirardelli Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law